Thursday, October 11, 2007

We're all MAD here.


'But I don't want to go
among MAD people,'
Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can’t help that,
' said the Cat.
'We're all MAD here.
I’m MAD. You’re MAD.'
'How do you know I’m MAD?'
said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat.
'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”


ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Lewis Carroll

"We're all MAD here" (british psychiatrist)
A journey through madness
by both the patient and the doctor.



He was invited by some doctors to examine
a young girl diagnosed as schizophrenic.

The girl was locked into a padded cell
in a special hospital, and sat there naked.

She usually spent the whole day rocking to and fro.

The doctors asked him for his opinion.
What would he do about her?

Unexpectedly, He stripped off naked himself
and entered her cell.

There he sat with her, rocking in time to her rhythm.
After about twenty minutes she started speaking,
something she had not done for several months.

The doctors were amazed.
'Did it never occur to you to do that?
'He commented to them later,
with feigned innocence.”


Schizophrenia
cannot be understood without
understanding despair.



"Overall, physicians are more than twice as likely
as the general population to kill themselves."


From childhood’s hour
I have not been as others were,
I have not seen as others saw;
I could not bring my passions
from a common spring.


I have not taken my sorrow;
I could not awaken my heart
to joy at the same tone;
And all I loved,


I loved alone.

In my childhood,
in the dawn of a most stormy life,
was drawn from every depth of
good and ill.


The mystery that binds me still;
From the torrent or fountain,
from the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that round me rolled
in its autumn tint of gold,


From the lightning in the sky
as it passed me flying by,
From the thunder and storm,
and the cloud that took the form,

When the rest of Heaven was blue,
of a Demon in my view.

Edgar Allan Poe


WE'RE ALL MAD HERE...


When we remember we are all

MAD

the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain


NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR THE MENTALLY ILL



Syllogism: deductive reasoning in which a conclusion

is derived from two premises ---




Using a classical syllogism to make a point:


· Mental illness requires a mind.


· There is no such thing as a mind.







· Hence; there can be no such thing as mental illness.

Therefore; since actor Tom Cruise, that leading authority on psychiatry, doesn’t believe in mental illness, I guess that would make him a fucking mindless idiot!