Tuesday, October 9, 2007

FAREWELL

Farewell
The wind is fair, the day is fine,
and swiftly runs the time.

The boat is floating on the tide,
that wafts me off Fiunary.

A tear falls inside, into the sea
and its tide of emotions that wax
into my heart.

And the sea with this tear hears
My sorrow,
Feels the fear of a heart torn.


A thousand, thousand tender ties,
Awake this day my plaintive sighs,

My heart
within me almost dies.

With pensive steps I often strolled
Where Fingal's castle stood of old,


And listened while the shepherd told,
the legend tales of Fiunary.

I'll often pause at close of day
Where Ossian sang his martial lay,

And viewed the sun's departing ray,
Wandering o'er Dun Fiunary.

A tear forms in the fabric
of my soul,

left untended and in the dark-
lest the breeze of healing comes.

It awakens the dreams
and memoriesof home & childhood,

And in those dreams, we are walking
hand in hand to a place,

where once again

we shall embrace.
FAREWELL

to the land where the clouds love to rest,
Like the shroud of the dead on
the mountain's cold breast;
To the cataract's roar where the eagles reply,
And the lake her lone bosom expands to the sky.

Sir Walter Scott


When I'm

OLD AND WISE

Bitter words mean little to me.
Autumn Winds will blow right through me
And someday in the Mist of Time
When they asked me if I knew you me
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine. And the Sadness would be Lifted from my eyes.
There are Shadows surrounding me.

And to those I leave behind,
I want you all to know
You've always Shared my Darkest hours

I'll miss you when I go,
When I’m old and wise.

Sláinte -- Cheers!