Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A GLESKIE Lass


Rosemary


"The Gorbals"
Glasgow, Scotland


A GLESKIE LASS1930-1984


Máthair, Tá mo chroí istigh ionat. TO MY MOTHER

When I come to the end of the road,


And the sun has set for me.


I want no tears in a gloom-filled room,


Why cry for a soul set free?


Miss me a little but not for long,


And not with your head bowed low.


Remember the love that we once shared,


Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take,


And each must go alone.


It's all a part of the master plan,


A step on the road to home.


When you are lonely and sick of heart,


Go to the friend we know,


And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.

SCOT'S FAREWELL

Miss me ...

but let me go.


CELTIC WOMAN

I walk the lonely path in dreamy steps,
wondering what the future may well
hold in store for me.

And often on the mountain in
the old oak’s shadow,
In the gathering sundown,
I sit in sorrow.

There, amid the Scottish glen,
where I could drink up
the source of bliss.

That’s the ideal good my soul desires,
nameless on earth,

To which my heart aspires.
A return of happiness, forlorn hope?

Perhaps among the crowd below,
one soul ignored

Would understand my soul
and respond?


To A Loved One Departed



Seraph! Thy memory is to me.


Like some far-off enchanted isle.
In some tumultuous sea ~


some ocean vexed as it may be with storms;


but where, meanwhile, Serenest skies continually


Just o’er that one bright island, smile.

For ‘mid the earnest cares and woes,


That crowd around my earthly path.


Sad path, alas, where grows not even


one lonely rose! A soul

at least a solace hath

In dreams of thee.


By Edgar Allan Poe

Mom was a Taurus and I am an Aries,
and yes -

we frequently locked horns,

but that happens when people

love each other.

We were fierce in our fights, Yet fiercer in our love.

SOMEWHERE IN TIME

We'll meet again ...

YOUR MOTHER SHOULD KNOW