Saturday, October 20, 2007

homeLESS


(Dorothy): There's no place like home.


Oh, but anyway, Toto,


we're HOME!

And this is my room,
and you're all here.



And I'm not gonna leave here
ever, ever again,
because I love you all,
and - oh, Auntie Em -

There's no place like





"How does it feel to be
HOMELESS ?


No place to come home to,


No place to have a good night sleep,


No place to call home, your own sweet home.

How would you survive?


Pushing lifelong belongings in a cart,


Sleeping in cold nights bundled in a jacket in the park,


Wishing everyday for a nice meal and a hot bath.
A quarter and a buck donation by a few everyday,


Does not bring my self esteem to a cheerful high.


Once I was a happy hard working person,


Now with the lack of work and money.

I am hopelessly depressed.


People think we all homeless people are drunk



and mentally insane.


Try being homeless for a night,
you will probably understand,


Trying to cope with this misery makes us insane.


Still we have hope and someday we will come out of it



with the community help." Anon.







...me, soon. Got laid off. Single, in my 50s-family deceased. Friends can't help, they're like me, live paycheck to paycheck. Contrary to popular belief that there are organizations which can help, that is a FAIRYTALE!




I know...there are just too many people than these organizations can handle. Although I will say that the Salvation Army has continued to be the best caregivers to the homeless. Religious organizations will offer their prayers and that's about it-hard to eat a prayer. Ironically, my landlords are the Knights of Columbus, allegedly a charitable? organization. Their website is more about business and money than charity and brotherly love. Despite the fact that for years I have been an excellent tenant (always paid my rent on time) - those "good Christian folk" have given me the boot! So much for "Brotherly Love". I was raised Catholic and these clowns ain't nothing like the Knights of Columbus I knew as a kid. Now it's all BIG BUSINESS!

I guess their GOD is $$$!


How much of it actually goes to charity:


Knights of Columbus, a 125-year-old Catholic fraternal order, is a TAX-EXEMPT INSURANCE MONOLITH WORTH BILLIONS… BOSTON GLOBE raised issues which included exorbitant salaries and perks paid to top executives; the suspension of members who objected to some of the order's policies; and the Knights' lucrative investments in pharmaceutical and insurance companies that promote or condone abortion and birth control, practices the order strongly opposes.”


"CATHOLIC NUNS EVICTED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH"



I mean, c'mon guys, got laid off, on UE while interviewing for a new job, gonna be a bit late with the rent..of course, does it come as any surprise? Naaaah! Greed, hypocrisy and corruption have infiltrated every institution these days, but it is a sad commentary especially for a "charitable? religious?" organization. They sound like big business to me. That being the case, they should be PAYING THEIR TAXES like the rest of us.


To quote William Congreve, it's "THE WAY OF THE WORLD" these days.


COST OF LIVING IN LA
Homelesss - been there, DONE THAT - many, many years ago with a mentally-ill brother in my care plus 8 dogs, 4 cats and a partridge in a pear tree. Having all my family deceased, I had no one but myself to rely on, but I did rally back and without ANY assistance from the government, churches, charities, etc..which in my experience do very LITTLE helping those with mental illness, drug & alcohol problems, abused women with children, etc.. which wasn't my plight.


THE CALIFORNIA DREAM PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK

My plight was/is similar to MANY in this city, this country who are ONE paycheck from the STREET and our numbers are increasing daily. It is a VERY TOUGH ROAD back. I know. Never thought I would go through it again, but Murphy's Law, you know...

That distant memory of the street is best summed up with a few lines from ALICE IN WONDERLAND - Alice and the Caterpillar:


Caterpillar: Who are YOU?
Alice: This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then. I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning?

I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!

Well, enough of that - time to get off my little ol' soapbox.


DEAR LANDLORD

"The rich DO win,

the poor are POWERLESS.

And after a time we become dead...

a little DEAD."


MY SOB STORY

10/28/07


...and so it begins.

Down that road again.

Walking a tightrope...

READY-SET-GO! MICKEY & DONALD

Seem to be havin' some

landlord problems, too.

HOMELESS FOR THE

HOLIDAYS
PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS HIS STORY

QUACKED UP?

ARIES & DAFFY Have I "Quacked" up? Ya' think!?! Now I need a

new place for my

STUFF!
CAR died, No $ to fix it.

DAMN! I think I

FIXED IT? We will PRAY now! Take it for a
TEST DRIVE

Now for a

REAL TEST DRIVE,

OK Steve?!

Although, I am an excellent

DRIVER!

When it RAINS it POURS!! 10/29/07

I give up, finished, DONE. Too old for this CRAP!!

Been working all my life for WHAT?

9 TO 5

Been working hard for the

MONEY!!! TRUST ME, MARVIN

You don't want to meet my leader,
MORTY THE MORTICIAN,
better suited working around
DEAD people!

(My nickname for my former Boss-CEO)

DOWN FOR THE COUNT!

Gotta get
OFF THIS MERRY-GO-AROUND 10/30/07

Well, Folks - Gotta go now! This blog has been a therapeutic diversion,

but reality check now:
No job prospects yet, overwhelmed with ovedue bills, no family, no job, no $, car trouble, phone, cable, electric, gas cutoff 11/13, and no place to go... and the answer to your questions - is this true, is this REAL?


YES. I am a real human being,

who is just trying to survive

in this

MAD WORLD

of ours. It would've been easier if this was a joke,

I guess, especially with all the

nonsense, scams, etc... on the internet.

Ain't no joke, sorry.

All true, this blog has been a diversion

for me - hopefully in a humorous way.

Of course, you might be getting a chuckle out of this -

WHO is this

CRAZY

woman?!?

Fair question - been asking that myself lately.

Yeah, Yeah, I know stop feeling sorry for myself.


No excuse, I am worn out, sorry.



"...a little DEAD."


Nobody's perfect, right?


Keep a positive outlook & sense of humor
are great tools for survival.

And a pal in Glasgow
said to me recently:

"Anyway hen, as ah sed, stick aroon.
If ye manage tae make it throo the 'hot coals'
withoot burnin oaf aw yer skin,
ye'll dae fine.

Don't gie up...

wherr's that guid, stubborn Scottish blood
that runs throo yer veins?

Or wur ye adopted?"

But sometimes it just ain't enough to sustain us,

you know?


It's the way of the world...


Sometimes its weight just crushes all the


out of us.

Eviction
Car trouble
Cable/Internet/utilities/electric/gas
ALL CUTOFF -11/19

Nowhere
for me & my furry pals
to go.

This has turned into such a

11/10/07

10:30pm.

Call from hospital...

My brother has suffered a stroke.

Don't know if my brother is going to make it...
He is only in his 40s.

His life as a
has been painful & heartbreaking
both for him and me ...

Every moment
of every day
of every week
of every month
of every year
for the last 25 years.
And as for my landlords,
those good "Christian" fellas -
Knights of Columbus (Chapter 5803)
Are they aware of my situation -YEP!
Do they care? NOPE.

3 days after my brother's stroke,
I was served a summons of eviction
for being 2 1/2 weeks overdue on the rent.
(My 1st time)

Brotherly Love
Ain't it GRAND!
Thanks, guys-good timing!
Just in time for Thanksgiving.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving! Well, guys, FUCK YOU!
Everything is about my brother right now.
Wanna kick me out of my home?
GO AHEAD!
Nothing more to say...
power cutoff anytime now
and
will be homeless shortly.

The eviction process is
rather quick.

Ain't the movies, folks
the REAL WORLD
no Fairy Tale ending.

"Schizophrenia cannot be understood

without understanding despair."


The problem
of our age is the proper administration of wealth,
so that the ties of brotherhood may still bind together
the rich and the poor in harmonious relationship.

Surplus wealth is a sacred trust
which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime
for the good of the community.


Andrew Carnegie - Gospel of Wealth
US businessman & philanthropist (Scottish born)