Sunday, September 30, 2007

RESUME

Customer Service/Administrative Assistant

Summary of Qualifications

Over 20 years experience in clerical and administrative positions.
Eight years experience as a Customer Service Representative.
Diverse job background – proven ability to work in various work environments from manufacturing to film studios.
Proven and successful abilities: “Quick study”, “Take Initiative”, “Team Player”,“Multi-Task” and work well under pressure/ deadlines.
Outstanding record for providing effective customer service and efficient organizational skills.
Stable work history marked with commendations by both the employer and the customer.


PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

MARPLAST, INC. Moorpark, California 2006/2007
Customer Service - Manufacturer

Provided general administrative/clerical and phone support to President, Vice-President, office manager and three foremen.
Co-managed the company’s payroll and staffing of three production crews.
Assisted in Quality Control and the management of documentation for Quality Control policy and procedures.
Coordinated and prepared all documentation for shipping.
Assisted office manager/bookkeeper with AP/AR tasks (i.e., preparation of invoices and correspondence).


RAIN MASTER IRRIGATION SYSTEMS, Simi Valley, California 1998-2006
Customer Service/Marketing Administrator - Manufacturer

Provided administrative support to President, Vice President-Marketing, Vice President-Sales and (12) sales reps.
Responsible for all sales reports (derived from MAS90), distributor and customer lists and reports, pricelists, sales reps/territory sales/commission reports and discount buying programs.
Coordinated and scheduled customer/distributor appointments and meetings.
Coordinated and scheduled all sales reps appointments and meetings.
Coordinated and scheduled all department heads and employee meetings.
Assisted VP-Sales and Marketing with all advertising, promotions and marketing.
Assisted Engineering department with management of company’s website.
Responsible for all ordering and inventory of office stationery, supplies, office equipment and warehouse/janitorial supplies. Managed, troubleshooter and resolved all customer service, sales reps and distributor requests, complaints and issues.
Assisted Repair Dept. with customer service issues.
Provided relief phone support for receptionist and various departments.
Managed all aspects (purchase, inventory, etc…) of sales and promotional literature and items including, but not limited to, the company’s product catalog and engineering/designer specifications and drawings.
Organized, coordinated and prepared all arrangements/travel for the company’s participation in Tradeshows.
Frequently did “double duty” with added work duties/support for Order Entry, Reception and Repairs.
Assisted other departments (Human Resources, Engineering, Data/Order Entry, Purchasing) with various clerical tasks and projects.


Additional Professional Career Overview

DISNEY STUDIOS-IMAGINEERING, Glendale, California
Show Coordinator – administrative support for project managers and architects.

MCA/UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, Universal City, California 1979-1990
Production Secretary
Casting Coordinator
Production Assistant
Production Coordinator
Secretary-Advertising
Secretary- MCA Music
Secretary-MCA Corporate
Administrative Assistant – Various Universal Producers and Department Heads

RAQUEL WELCH PRODUCTIONS-Sunset Gower Studios, California 1980-1981
Production Secretary/Coordinator – managed production office and location office (NY).

MEMBER – O.P.E.I.U LOCAL #174
Various assignments – 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros.


EDUCATION

U.C.L.A., California
Major: Pre-law/Political Science – Full Scholarship

U.S.C., Los Angeles, California
Major: Pre-law/Political Science – Full Scholarship

MEMBER – CALIFORNIA SCHOLARSHIP FEDERATION 1975

COMPUTER SKILLS
MS OFFICE (Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook Express, PowerPoint), MAS90, Goldmine, Access

Additional skill: Extensive training with Pacific Bell as phone operator. Experience and ability to handle a variety of phone systems.

REFERENCES:

If you wish to contact my former supervisors regarding my work performance and attendance,
I will be glad to furnish upon request.

Thanks again for your consideration.




BOB won't be in the office today -

We've all had trouble with our animals,
but I don't think anyone can top this one:

Calling in sick to work makes me uncomfortable.
No matter how legitimate my excuse,
I always get the feeling that
my boss thinks I'm lying.


On one recent occasion,
I had a valid reason but lied anyway,
because the truth was just too darned humiliating.
I simply mentioned that I had sustained a head injury,
and I hoped I would feel up to coming in the next day.
By then, I reasoned, I could think up a doozy to explain
the bandage on the top of my head.
The accident occurred mainly because I had given in to
my wife's wishes to adopt a cute little kitty.
Initially, the new acquisition was no problem.


Then one morning,
I was taking my shower after breakfast
when I heard my wife, Deb, call out to me from the kitchen.
"Honey! The garbage disposal is dead again.


Please come reset it."
"You know where the button is,"
I protested through the shower
pitter-patter and steam.

"Reset it yourself!"
"But I'm scared!" she persisted.
"What if it starts going and sucks me in?"
There was a meaningful pause and then,
"C'mon, it'll only take you a second."


So out I came, dripping wet and butt naked,
hoping that my silent outraged nudity
would make a statement about how
I perceived her behavior as
extremely cowardly.


Sighing loudly,
I squatted down and stuck my head
under the sink to find the button.
It is the last action I remember performing.


It struck without warning,
and without any respect to my circumstances.
No, it wasn't the hexed disposal,
drawing me into its gnashing metal teeth.

It was our new kitty,
who discovered the fascinating dangling objects
she spied hanging between my legs.
She had been poised around the corner and stalked me
as I reached under the sink.
And, at the precise moment
when I was most vulnerable,
she leapt at the toys I unwittingly offered
and snagged them with her needle-like claws.
I lost all rational thought to control
orderly bodily movements,
blindly rising at a violent rate of speed,
with the full weight of a kitten hanging
from my masculine region.


Wild animals
are sometimes faced with a
"FIGHT OR FLIGHT" syndrome.
Men, in this predicament,


choose only the "FLIGHT" option.
I know this from experience.
I was fleeing straight up into the air when the sink
and cabinet bluntly and forcefully impeded my ascent.

The impact knocked me out cold.

When I awoke, my wife and the paramedics stood over me.
Now there are not many things in this life worse
than finding oneself lying on the kitchen floor
butt naked in front of a group of
"been-there, done-that" paramedics.
Even worse, having been fully briefed by my wife,
the paramedics were all snorting loudly as
they tried to conduct their work,
all the while trying to suppress
their hysterical laughter......
and not succeeding.


Somehow I lived through it all.
A few days later
I finally made it back in to the office,
where colleagues tried to coax an explanation
out of me about my head injury.
I kept silent,
claiming it was too painful to talk about,
which it was.

What's the matter?" They all asked,

"CAT got your TONGUE?"

If they only knew!
Why is it that only the WOMEN laugh at this?